Enuresis or bed wetting is a common problem encountered in children. Normally up to 3 years of age, a child is able to control urinary urge and the power to control is more with the development. But if the child is 5years old or more and is repeatedly unable to control urination, it is a matter of consideration. So we can say it is an elimination disorder which causes a lot of anxiety, stress and embarrassment in children and parents too.
How will you diagnosed a case of enuresis:
- Age of the child should be 5 or more
- Repeated bedwetting – twice a week for atleast 3 months
- Anxiety and stress
- Developmental delays- may interfere with toilet training
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder/ ADHD
- Fall in ADH during sleep hours
- Inherited/ Genetic- Runs in family
- Overactive bladder
- Persistent Urinary tract infections
- Deep sleeping patterns- from which child is difficult to arouse
Types of enuresis:
- Diurnal enuresis- bedwetting during day time
- Nocturnal enuresis- bedwetting during night hours
- Primary enuresis- when the child has not fully mastered toilet training or has full bladder control
- Secondary enuresis- when the child has full bladder control & has period of dryness but then period of wetting recur.
- Don’t blame the child as it is non- intentional & the child is not at all responsible or at fault. Counselling of children and parents could be of help if there is any anxiety, fear or
stress lurking behind.
- Changes in fluid intake- fluid intake should be sufficient during daytime but it should be restricted after sunset/ evening or night hours
- Bladder training- exercises to strengthen the bladder muscles should be carried out & practice urination on schedule
- No to caffeine- colas, black teas, coffee, chocolates etc which contains caffeine should be avoided
Homeopathy for enuresis:
Treatment is needed when the problem is still continued even after the general management. The underlying medical & emotional triggers associated with bedwetting is required to be investigated in order to uproot the cause in order to cure.
- Sepia- Bed is wet almost as soon as the child goes to sleep; always during the first sleep. Urine deposits a reddish clay coloured sediment which adheres to the vessel as if
it had been burned on; fetid, so offensive must be removed from the room
- Kreosote- incontinence of urine, can only urinate when lying; copious, pale; urging, can’t get out of bed quick enough; during first sleep, from which child is roused with difficulty
- Benzoic acid- enuresis nocturna of delicate children; urine is dark brown, urine odor is
highly intensified. Excess of uric acid
- Cina- involuntary urination, urine is turbid when passed, turns milky and semisolid after standing; white & turbid. Esp in children suffering from worms.
- Equisetum hyemale- enuresis diurnal et nocturna; profuse watery urine where habit is the only ascertainable cause.
A lot more homeopathic medicines like argentum nitricum, apis, causticum, pulsatilla, silicea, sulphur, acid nitric, petroselinum, calcarea etc may be think of according to the symptom
Book an appointment with Dr. Deepak Sharma at +91-9711153617
Consultation Fee is Rs. 800/-Pay Online – Book Consultation
Dr Shweta Singh (https://www.orbitclinics.com/our-team/dr-shweta-singh-senior-consultant/)
Senior Consultant, Orbit Clinics
With inputs from Dr Deepak Sharma